Wednesday, January 7, 2009

INFORMATIONAL INTERVIEW

The founder and director of the National Institute of Whole Health/ New England School of Whole Health Education, Dr Georgianna Donadio, called as we had agreed, and we talked for about an hour. She had a specific set of questions to cover so we could try to ascertain, both for the school and for me, whether the type of programs offered are right, whether it's the right time to move forward with education at this time, and whether whole health as a field is a good fit. I had some specific questions as well. At the end of the call, she could say that I sounded like a great candidate for the school, and I could say I was very interested. She will call to follow-up in a week, and if it's a go from me, she'll send out the application materials and we'll begin the admission process in earnest.

The school has three graduate-level (accredited but as yet unlicensed)certificate programs: whole health education, nutrition counseling, and health coaching. Multi-certificate programs can be arranged, there is financing available, and things are underway for the school to have university status by fall 2009. When that happens the school can offer MS programs, in addition to the certificates.

So I'm considering.....

No comments:

Post a Comment