Sunday, January 18, 2009

BIRTHDAY

Today is my birthday--- I am now 55 years old!

So the prophesy from Jude Lajoie at the Haven of Grace around four years ago that "Beverly will truly understand when she is 54"--- I either do or I don't. I am not sure what that Word from God was about. Certainly the year I was 54 was momentous--- I remarried, moved from Salem to nearby Danvers, and left a comfortable Protestant church for my husband's less friendly Catholic one. I moved my elderly mother into assisted living nearby and watched her steady decline, and in fact, came to the point of having to assist her with making the decision to withdraw from dialysis, get her into hospice, and was with her when she passed away. I also resigned from a position that was "not me" even though many thought I was really good at it, but gave me no sense of purpose, connection, other than that of "doing a good job" and supervising my staff.

So it WAS a momentous year, and maybe in time I will see that I truly understand something I never did before.

Today was a good day. It was snowing--- again--- but we were able to meet my son Carl & his wife Melissa at the bowling alley, where we played a couple of strings and had lots of laughs. We had dinner at Sam & Joe's and spent a relaxed couple of hours together there. My birth mother Carol called from Florida to wish me a "Happy Birthday", and Jack gave me several very nice and much appreciated gifts.

As I look ahead to the week, I am very hopeful for a second interview for the HAWC position based in Salem, and have an interview on Wednesday for a Special Projects Assistant position with Catholic Charities North in Lynn. I am very hopeful to be working again soon. And Jack & I continue with our Weight Loss Challenge, as I, having become a licensed distributor for Herbalife continue to train for this home-based business.

I am concerned about Carol, as she's had a number of serious health issues already---heart attacks & open heart surgery, breast cancer, emphysema, most of which she's dealt with very well and more or less overcome--- and now, as she approached 70 years of age, she has been diagnosed with Leukemia. It's tough going, the treatments make her very tired, her blood is quite unbalanced and even with treatment not getting better balanced--- she's discouraged, and just not feeling good. I pray to God she will feel better, keep her spirits up, and heal. I'm even thinking I will continue with Reiki, just to be able to give her treatments, which may help, and couldn't hurt.

Time will tell about this, as it does about everything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment