Thursday, January 22, 2009

CONTINUING ON WITH THE SEARCH



No, I did NOT get the Volunteer Coordinator position with HAWC, unfortunately, but I keep on looking. Yesterday I had an interview with Catholic Charities North in Lynn, for a Special Projects Assistant position on their Development Team. I think it went well, was told a decision should be made by early next week, and that I should hear one way or the other shortly thereafter. I believe this position would be a good fit for me, and that I would be a good fit for this position, and for Catholic Charities. Here's hoping!

On another front:

I received an email from Elaine Tavis of the Essence of Healing in Beverly, where I took Reiki Level I, inviting me (and others) to the monthly "Reiki Share" next Monday evening, January 26th, from 7-9pm. I plan to go!

At the Used Book Superstore recently opened in Danvers, I found several books, when I went with Jack a couple of evenings ago. One was "Experience the Mystery", on Mystagogy in the Catholic Church, its history and current practice. As this is tied to Spiritual Formation, and RCIA in particular, I was drawn to this subject. Another was "God in All Things" on the teachings and practices of Anthony de Mello, a Roman Catholic priest with Zen leanings, well-known in Recovery circles. Another was "Care of the Soul" by Thomas Moore, a therapist & spiritual director who had been a Catholic monk for several years. Yet another was on "The Power of Kabbalah" which purports to contain "the secrets of the universe and the meaning of our lives".

In other words, I'm drifting back to my own traditions, Judeo-Christian, having been exploring Buddhism and Hinduism, Shamanism, and New Age spiritual paths. That feels good, it feels more solid to me, and though I'm not "done" with my explorations--- far from it--- I am NOT rejecting what I know--- and very interested in learning, and experiencing, more--- Christian mysticism and Kabbalah! It's actually an enormous relief.....

And so, in every way, I am CONTINUING ON WITH THE SEARCH.

No comments:

Post a Comment