Thursday, April 2, 2009

HAVEN OF GRACE



March 31st I left home at 615am, still in the dark, and drove for two hours, to Woonsocket RI, where for the first time since I left over three years ago, I attended Bible Study at the Haven of Grace. Inside the building, for the first time, in all that time. It had been such an incredibly painful leaving....

And I was so in need of Bible Study, since I'm not in one, nor have I been for some time. My parish, St Richard's (Roman Catholic) in Danvers has nothing at all going on like that, or anything else for that matter, during the week.

Wonderful to see and hear Jude--- we hugged coming and going. Michaelle D was there as well--- she has been a volunteer since well before I left the Haven, and it was good to see her as well. Kerry also..... mixed feelings on both our parts it seemed.

And there are eighteen women in the house now! All in early recovery!

The study focused on Isaiah Chapter 11.... and seems so appropos, personally, and with has gone on in our country, what is going on....

We had a brief lunch, of tea and fruit, I showed pictures of Jack and all our children and of Maria. Then, as they were to have Group, I left.

When I returned, the realtor was still showing the place to a potential buyer. I knew she would be there, but thought she would be gone.... but I was a little early. Later we learned this is a true potential buyer, she's seriously interested and wants another look in a couple of days! We're stunned, as there has been no activity at all for a long time, and the marker is so slow....

I was tired from the day and all the driving, and so Jack took me out to supper, at Lesley's Retreat in Salem, a comfortable place and moderately priced with homemade style food....

All in all a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment