Monday, February 2, 2009

ANOTHER JOB INTERVIEW

This morning I had a scheduled Telephone Screening Interview at 930am.

It was for a position as Community Outreach & Parent Coordinator for the Joint Committe on Health Care for Children, in Everett. Based at Everett City Hall, job entails working in the communities of Everett, Revere, Malden, Chelsea, and Somerville, which I am not familiar with. It is "independent contractor" status, decent hourly pay, no benefits, and the hours average 25-30 per week, more in "high season" from 4/1 to 10/31, less the rest of the year. Monday evenings are mandatory, as are 12-14 Saturdays, and 1-2 Sundays per year--- outreaches take place on those days, as well as weekedays. It sounds like it could be intense and very busy, and is NOT an office job. In fact this position has an Administrative Assistant (FT) and a Data Entry Clerk (PT) dedicated to it.

The interview went well, and I've been invited for an in-person interview this Wednesday at 1230pm. If that goes well, for interviewer and for me, a third interview is possible, with a team. Starting date is anticipated for February 16-23, so things are apt to move quickly.

I don't quite know what to think. I'm attracted to the position, but wish it were in communities I'm acquainted with. Also wish there were benefits such as sick pay and vacation time; fortunately I have health insurance through John.

And if all seems well, for the Joint Committe and for me, and I'm offered this position, and accept it---- how will this affect my other plans, such as study with the NESWHE, and where will I go then with Herbalife?

As always, time will tell. I've had some disappointments lately, but keep hoping that the right thing will open up at the right time. In God's order, in God's timing!

And I'm thinking that the ONLY interviws I've had the past few months, since before Mom's passing, have been for positions I REALLY WANT: Resident Services Coordinator for Caleb Group, Volunteer Coordinator for the UU Church of Greater Lynn, Volunteer Coordinator for HAWC, and Administrative Assistant/Special Projects for Catholic Charities North--- and now Community Outreach & Parent Coordinator out of Everett City Hall! So I can feel good about this--- and I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment