Wednesday, March 18, 2009

FRUSTRATIONS GALORE

I've been applying to all sorts of jobs--- even those that I didn't particularly want again, at places I was not keen to work. Jobs like Patient Registration & Receptionist, places like Salem Hospital, Beverly Hospital, the new MGH Outpatient Center....

And though I have gotten automatic notices that my application was received, I have not had any calls or invitations for a one of them!

Also, we've been trying to have a particular handyman finish the work in the condo we contracted him for. So far he has completed the painting of the kitchen, all the drawers and cabinets, and replaced all the hardware--- and it looks wonderful!

Now we're waiting for him to replace the bathroom sink. All systems are go--- we have the sink and faucet (lying around in the den where I trip on them constantly), we have permission of Great North property management, been briefed on procedure--- hanging written notice the day of that the water to the building will be turned off, which knobs to turn which way down in the laundry room, which valve to drain..... but now Rich G, who did not have any work for some time, has constant work, and it's become a challenge to find a time for him to come!

I haven't heard from older son Fran, but didn't expect to this week--- his store is closing so they can move from one building to another, which means long days working for him--- I miss him!

Carl & Melissa are busy all the time as usual--- and I miss them!

I've tried for 11 weeks to follow the Herbalife Plan for diet, and exercised more, but have only lost, at most, maybe five pounds!

It feels like spring....... but it's not quite here yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment